The Sankalp Africa Awards 2022 were held at the recent Sankalp Africa Summit held from 1st to 4th March 2022, and health-tech startup Zuri Health were announced as the winners.
The first runners up were Ecodudu and the second runners up were Mobility for Africa.
Zuri Health is a healthcare startup that was launched in January 2021in Nairobi, Kenya. Providing affordable and accessible healthcare solutions is at the heart of the company. So far, the healthcare company has managed to onboard over 250 doctors, has over 350000 SMS subscribers and has presence in 7 countries: Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Uganda, South Africa and Zambia.
“Founded in February 2020, our journey started with a vision. A vision for quality, affordable and on-demand healthcare for all with a simple swipe. We are creating an all-inclusive service that caters for all individuals with a mobile device, regardless of their location, health history and social status,” Daisy Isiaho, Co-Founder of Zuri Health states.
Considering that smartphone adoption in Sub-Saharan Africa is currently at 40% of total mobile phone owners, Zuri Health added extra functionality that would include the rest of the 60% that do not own smartphones or have internet access, ensuring that no one is left out.
According to the Sankalp Africa Forum website, the 2022 Edition of Sankalp Africa Awards was looking for ‘social entrepreneurs who are mainstreaming impact, are making a positive impact on society, gaining hands-on experience and networking with a global community.’
Ikechukwu Anoke, CEO and Founder of Zuri Health, said,
“On behalf of Zuri Health, I would like to thank everyone involved in making us the Sankalp Africa Summit 2022 Award winners.
Our goal is to democratize healthcare in Africa, to make basic primary healthcare accessible and affordable for all, through the means that are easiest for you, and awards like this remind us that we are on the right path and that our work means something to you too.
The Sankalp Africa Awards celebrate outstanding social entrepreneurs that show innovation and to be placed on the same stage as other winners is any founder’s dream.
We value your support, we treasure your understanding, and we appreciate your patience. But most of all, we are so grateful to you for making us winners. We owe this one to you, and Glory be to God.”
Write a comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required